Indonesia Tall Handcarved Batik Painted Holy Family Set
* Tall painted holy family figurines
* Bring a handcrafted style to your christmas decor
* Figurines of Virgin Mary holding child Jesus, and Saint Joseph.
* Handpainted with batik style art
* Brown, gold and orange colors
* Hand-carved from dark toon wood
* Figurines measure 14.25" height, 2.75" length, 2" width
* Sustainably produced
* Made in Indonesia
Kayu is our collection of handcarved wood decor from Indonesia. Kayu means wood in Indonesian. This collection showcases the traditional art of wood carving by balinese artisans. Wood carving in Indonesia dates back to a thousand years and was predominantly used in temples and palaces. It is one of the most practiced art forms in Indonesia. People in Indonesia decorate their houses with carved wooden birds, buffaloes, cocks, dogs, lion heads and more. Today artisans make statues of people, deities, and animals, for commercial purposes. Some of the wood products are hand painted in different and modern traditional art. The batik art on these pieces is one of our favorites. Woodcarving centers in Indonesia are Bali, Central Java, Madura, Sumatra and Papua. Our collections are exclusively sourced from the island of Bali in Indonesia, hence the name Bali Kayu.