* Set of three baskets
* Woven from natural, and yellow colored grass
* Displays chevron pattern
* Made from milulu grass from Iringa region
* Large - 14" diameter, 13" height
* Medium - 12" diameter, 12" height
* Small - 10" diameter, 11" height
* Soak basket in water for few mins to reshape or remove folds
* Sustainably produced
* Made in Tanzania
Tanzanian women from the Hehe and Bena tribes in the Iringa region also weave baskets to support their families. Milulu grass, a reed-like swamp grass is widely available in the region and is used for weaving baskets and bags. The Iringa baskets have a clean and firm weave with modern patterns. Traditionally, women in east African countries learn weaving from their mothers, grandmothers and aunts and pass their techniques to next generation. All materials used by the weavers are locally sourced and renewable, making the baskets sustainable.
Our handpicked favorites.
Vibrant Basket Bowl Set